• All server processes on the Java instance are started before you start JSPM on this instance.
• The SDM server is running.
• No application is connected to the SDM server. There can be only one connection to the SDM server at a time.
• Directories and files have not been deleted, renamed, or created in the following directories and their subdirectories:/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exeand/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile. Otherwise, JSPM cannot detect the kernel and the system profiles, and cannot be started.
• You have logged on to the operating system as a <SID>adm user. If you have not done this, you must switch to it before starting to use JSPM.
Starting JSPM on Any Operating System
1.In the file system, go to the/usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPMdirectory.
Additional note: Depending on the system, the name of the central instance has the following syntax: • For a standalone system –JC<xx> • For an add-on system –DVEBMGS<xx>, where xx is the number of the central instance.
2.To start JSPM, run thego script file. In this step you can specify a temporary inbox directory
3.Enter your password for the SDM and choose Log On. If you enter an incorrect password three times in a row, the SDM server will be stopped. You must start it and log on to the JSPM again.